We remind you that in order to participate in church services we are all required to strictly follow the following rules of health security. These rules are obviously constraining and difficult, but they are MANDATORY CONDITIONS for the continuation of our services. So make sure you follow them exactly:
- The entrance to the church will be done as usual, through the front door of the church, and the exit through the back door of the church – one way system.
- Wearing a protective mask is mandatory for all participants. So consider wearing a face mask, both for yourself and for those who accompany you, including children.
- At the entrance and exit of the church you will disinfect your hands with hydro alcoholic gel, available at the church`s door.
- Don’t kiss any icons, don’t touch them – worship them with a methane in front of them.
- A safety distance of 1.5 meters between people is materialized on the floor of the Church.
- Both inside and outside the church you will be assigned a place that you will never leave, any travel that is not indispensable must be avoided.
- All the faithful who are eager to participate in the Holy Mass every Sunday are asked to come in time for the liturgical service.
- When receiving Holy Communion, you are asked to keep a distance of 1 meter from the person in front of you.
- Failure to comply with these preventive measures would lead to the closure of the church by the competent authorities.
- Access to the toilet will be on the usual corridor but access to the kitchen will be strictly forbidden.
- As the space in the church is not very generous, the maximum number of believers who will participate in the Holy Mass will be 50 people! After the Holy Mass and the liberation of the Church, between 12:00 and 13:00 we will receive the little ones to receive Holy Communion.
- Social distancing is mandatory, we must not greet each other by shaking hands or hugging. We must not have physical contact with each other and talk face to face without a mask, either in church or outside. We can greet each other through gestures, without contact or physical closeness.
- Members of the same family, those who live together, can stand next to each other without any distance.
- Please keep your children in your arms or very close to you, and do not let them walk alone in the church. Also, if you need to go to church, make sure you keep your distance by meeting other believers.
- For the time being, the food (agapa) brought for the living or for the remembrance of the sleeping can no longer be distributed to other believers.
- Several volunteers will coordinate the organization both inside the Church and in the parking lot to ensure that the safety and hygiene measures imposed by the authorities are observed!
The Romanian Orthodox Parish “St. Apostles Peter and Paul and St. Spiridon” warmly welcomes you to our community.
Our church is an integral part of the Metropolitan Romanian Orthodox Church of Western and Southern Europe. For details about our history as a Church and Community in the UK please check the Short History and Charity pages.
In March 2016 we’ve started a project to acquire our very own church. On 15th of November 2019 we have achieved our goal, to have our own church. We would like to send our thanks to everyone who has helped us in achieving our dream to have our own church. From May 2020 we would like to start the renovation work for the church and parochial house. Initial estimations for this work are around £80,000.